We really want you to hear about resources along the grapevine and we want YOU to become part of the grapevine too. We need volunteers, & want community groups to adopt us as one your of your projects.
AS AN INDIVIDUAL
- Participate in LivingWorks SafeTALK or ASIST suicide alertness or intervention training or become a presenter
- Keep a Grapevine HELP-A-MATE LOCAL SUICIDE PREVENTION CARD in your wallet
- LIKE US on Facebook and suggest our page to your friends
Go to facebook.com/grapevinegroup click the like button then suggest to your friends [it’s that easy!]
- Become a volunteer at a fun GRAPE EVENT
- Have fun, increase awareness for suicide-prevention resources, collect coin donations and distribute Help-A-Mate Local Suicide Prevention Cards
AS AN INDIVIDUAL, BUSINESS, CLUB OR ORGANISATION
- SPONSOR a set of Help-A-Mate Local suicide prevention cards
Become a sponsor for suicide prevention cards and Grapevine will thank your organisation by acknowledging your logo on the back of the cards and our on our website. We welcome you using the front of the card to promote an event, your club or your organisation.
- SPONSOR safeTALK suicide alertness training places for sports volunteers
We offer free safeTALK suicide alertness training for the Mackay region. Help build vital skills for our community to become suicide-safe.
- ENCOURAGE YOUR MEMBERS AND STAFF TO PARTICIPATE in suicide-prevention
- DISPLAY our Free Training safeTALK flyer
Let more people know about Grapevine Group and that there is free training available to them. Download & print out our poster, put one up at work, your sports club or on any community noticeboard.
- PROMOTE your organisation or event or distribute Local Suicide Prevention Cards
If you are having an event why not have Region Suicide Prevention Cards promote it and let everyone know about resources and positive local activities. If needed we will do our best to source a sponsor to get the cards produced.
- FUND or BECOME a Livingworks suicide-prevention presenter
Only a handful of suicide-prevention trainers exist in the Mackay Region and as a community we desperately need more. The cost to become a Livingworks safeTALK presenter is $1000 plus travel expenses. To qualify as a Livingworks ASIST presenter the cost is $3500 plus travel. If you would like to undertake the training or know more please contact Grapevine Group. If you would like to FUND us click here.
- Have a GRAPEVINE FUNDRAISER or organise a GRAPEVINE EVENT
If you are holding any sort of event, an art exhibition or gig we would love to be your beneficiary. It is an excellent way to build awareness for suicide resources and contribute to helping us make Mackay suicide-safer. A gold coin donation at the door could help us make a difference.
We solely rely on volunteers, community support and are available to speak to your club or organisation