Articles & Programs
Read & listen to helpful suicide-prevention related
programs & articles
- Mindframe Suicide and Mental Health Media Guidelines
- "Youth suicide action plans needed in every school in Australia to help save lives" November 30, 2014
- "Headspace welcomes announcement of new centres" (including Mackay) 24th October 2011
- "The Life Promotion Project: An Indigenous Community Response to Suicides in Mackay" 30 June 2010
- "Boomtown gone bad!"
Triple J's Queensland Mission, Triple J Podcast
- "A place to Call My Own" Mackay Youth Homelessness Report 2009
Ms Suewellyn Kelly, Community Consultant, auspiced by YIRS One Stop Youth Shop Inc.
- Media Release: 'Suicide costs community 17.5 billion' (12/11/09)
Presented by: suicide-prevention Australia, OZHELP, Lifeline Australia, the Salvation Army, Inspire. Mental Health Council of Australia,
Brain & Mind Research Institute
- 'Breaking the Silence'
A seminal report on existing knowledge on suicide & suicide-prevention in Australia
- Are you a media professional?
Click here for
up to date suicide media guidelines
- 4 Corners Report "Hidden Voices" The story of an Australian town that holds a lesson for each & every person who's been touched by mental illness (09/08/10)
- Australian Magazine Article, "The last taboo" (Sunday February 26-27, 2011)
Quick LinksFind what you're looking for faster
If You Need Help...
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
If you, a friend, family member or someone you know seems to be really struggling, CLICK HERE TO FIND HELP
Suicide-Prevention Wish List..
We would love to hear what you would like for suicide prevention...